Provide us with a rough drawing and dimensions of your layout.
Bring samples of flooring, cabinets, tile, paint, etc. to help with the countertop color selection.
We will walk you through the material and color selection process to find a product that meets your needs.
Samples of countertop materials and colors are available for you to take home!
Quartz & Solid Surface: When you call to let us know you are ready for measure (see measure requirements) we will begin the schedule process by determining the first available installation date and communicate to you the range of dates the installation will be occurring within. Specific dates & times will only be provided by our scheduling department. We will plan to measure your project approximately 7-10 days prior to the installation date. You will be contacted a minimum of 48 hours prior to a proposed measure date. When we finalize your measure date, you will also be provided a specific date and time range for the installation.
Plastic Laminate: We strive to measure all plastic laminate jobs within 3 days of your notifying us your project is ready for field dimensions (see measure requirements). The style of countertop and whether materials have been preordered determine the timeline for delivery of your finished countertop and therefore cannot be generalized.
Time Windows: All field measure and installation dates will be scheduled directly with the customer with the understanding a 3 hour window of time for arrival will be given. Maxwell Counters field staff will call 30 minutes prior to arrival. Cell phones are a preferred means to contact customers on appointment days. All measure/ installations are scheduled during normal business hours 8-5, Monday-Friday. A designated decision maker over the age of 18 must be present at the measure/install appointment.
Decision Maker must be present on the jobsite at all times (needs to be the person most familiar with the project and the desired end result) Must be over the age of 18.
NOTE: Decision Maker will be required to sign a Work Release upon completion and thorough review of the measure. Do not sign this release unless you are comfortable that every detail and concern you may have has been addressed.
All cabinets must be plum, level and secured to the walls and/or floor. The countertop must lie flat within 1/8” to eliminate stress on corners, cutouts and seams. Maxwell Counters will double-check this at the measure but ultimately it is the responsibility of the homeowner to correct any cabinet issues.
Sinks, Faucets and Appliances must be on the jobsite at the measure. If Maxwell Counters is not provided the plumbing fixture, we ask that you provide brand names and model numbers prior to the measure, but it is *VERY IMPORTANT* to have these items at the jobsite at the time of the measure.
- FOR FARM/APRON SINKS ONLY: If your project has an under mount farm/apron front sink, it needs to be mounted/set in place prior to our measure appointment.
- FOR CAFE STYLE RANGES ONLY: If your project has a cafe style range that is placed in a peninsula or island top, it needs to be onsite and in place to ensure we have the proper dimension for our cutout size.
- NOTE: Maxwell Counters will not provide cutouts for Flush Mount Cooktops.
If the project includes new cabinets: All cabinet components must be installed prior to scheduling a measure. All cabinetry including end panels must be completely and permanently installed prior to scheduling the field measure verification.
If the project is a top replacement: Countertops must be cleared off and free of any items that might interfere with our ability to obtain clear measurements.
- Cabinet Issues maybe hard to detect with existing tops in place, on rare occasions existing tops may need to be removed in order to determine if corrective action on the cabinets is needed prior to top installation. If Maxwell Counters determines this is the case, No return measure trip fee will be charged. Corrective action taken on cabinets is the responsibility of the Homeowner.
- Maxwell Counters Top Removal: Top removal service needs to be confirmed prior to measure. Failure to provide advanced notification can result in undesirable last minute scheduling changes. Due to an EPA Regulation, All houses built prior to 1978 will need to be tested for lead prior to a Maxwell Counters top removal. A Nominal Fee will be charge for this service. Positive Test will require an additional fee because of additional worksite preparation and environmental precautions required by law.
If the project includes full height wall panels for a kitchen backsplash: Microwaves and vent hoods placed above the cook unit must be in place prior to templating for our wall panels.
Maxwell Counters Inc. is not licensed to provide any kind of Plumbing, Gas Line or Electrical Service. These Items are the responsibility of the homeowner.
Seams: The placement of all seams that may be required is at the discretion of the fabricator. Laminate and Quartz countertop will have visible seams. Placement of these seams should be discussed at purchase date. Solid Surface seams will have inconspicuous seams.
Cleanup: The installation of a countertop is a construction process and residual dust should be expected. The customer may want to drape or cover areas to help contain the dust to the construction area. The job site will be left in a broom-clean condition.
Incidental Damage: Final wall preparation (i.e. painting, wall papering ,etc) should not be completed prior to countertop installation. Care will be exercised during the countertop installation; however, scrapes, punctures or digs to wall surfaces are possible as are scratches to cabinetry. These items are considered incidental damage and are the customer’s responsibility to repair.
Installation sign off: A designated decision maker over the age of 18 must be present at the measure/install appointment. After the countertop has been installed, the customer or designated decision maker) should inspect the final product. After the inspection and any questions are answered, you will be asked to sign a completion document, confirming your satisfaction with quality, fit and the damage free condition of your new countertop.